Skip to main content

Off topic - We should stop teaching little girls this nonsense!!!

There's a kindergarten literally in my yard, i can hear and see everything that little kids do or say, whether i want it or not. They sometimes kinda make me mad, by taking children out to play at like 10a.m. when i am still in my deepest sleep phase and their playful yelling and chattering makes me wake up all grungy, but most of the time i love that i can see kids playing and having a great time.
What pisses me off is the adults - the kindergarten teachers.

I still cannot believe what i heard today! It was the exact phrase from the movie ''He's Just Not That Into You''. I thought this kind of nonsense stopped like ten years ago and women want little girls to grow up smarter than that.

So let me paint the picture for you:
I did not saw what happened prior that, but it's quite obvious that one little boy did something mean to this little girl who ran to her teacher all sad and chocked up. I believe he either pushed her, or said something mean to her.. anyways... So the girl goes to her teacher to get comforted, she gives her a hug, wipes down her tears and this is how the stupid teacher explains it to the girl :
''He probobly likes you, that's why he did that to you... ''
What?!?

I wish i could explained that to the little girl - no one gets to touch you without your permission.  Boys who really like you will not be mean to you.  He pushed you down because he’s an asshole! If it happens again, I'd knock his block off.

Now i understand, that by saying so, the girl got comforted, even lifted up a bit and quickly forgot what happened. And it was the easiest way out for the teacher than actually involving to a conversation with the girl about why someone was mean to her. But this DOES form a long-term pattern in her head, especialy if it keeps happening and every single time some boy, who are in nature in general madcaps, does something MEAN to her she believes that she is beeing liked... it's not gonna lead to anything good.
It's proven scientifically now that childhood is the time when mental traumas and phobias and behavior in the future are being formed. So say we keep repeating a little gorgeous female that if a guy is mean - he is actually into you, she WILL go on and behave quiet and silent whenever someone beats her up. NOT GOOD!

A new lesson all the girls should be taught: Know your worth and say so!

Comments

  1. kids are growing up way to fast
    i dont want to always say its t.v but its also poor parenting

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yup, it's a combination of poor parenting and outside influences like tv...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey, I'm so glad I found your blog (I am now following) :)! I have a beauty blog and I'm having 2 giveaways right now, so check it out!

    http://opalstevens.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

How to Make Your Hair Grow Faster

Sorry so much for beeing m.i.a. for a while, i've been busy as hell, cause i was studying on my history pre finals... Do you know, that something really boring happened to someone really ugly in the middle ages? Anyway, i aced it, and i can dedicate slightly more time to blogging :) So i was at the hair salon earlier this week, to get them dyed and trimmed. I dye my hair way too  much. The color of it changes more than the shape of my eyebrows... I can't really remember my natural hair colour. It has been strawberry blond, bright red, aubergine, brown, mahagony..... I can go on for a while actually..... So i decided to make it nice and natural now, i came out chocollaty brown. It's so different from what i've had. So i'm in my hairdressers chair, we're chatting and she says to me, that she noticed that i am a lot thinner than i were (thanks, but that's not a compliment for me) and that i have alot of new baby hair growing (yay). I never really noticed t

The truth behind cheapness of Coastal Scents. Fake MAC.

Since it's April Fool's day what can we found better to talk about but fools? :D And what if we combine it with our favorite subject - beauty? One of the reasons why i actually wanted to write about this is because since i do aloooot of research online i found some interesting theories about some famous brands. Well brand to be exact - Coastal Scents. Almost everyone interested in make-up knows this brand and owns their 88 palette. I do to. I bought it from their website directly a while ago. Everything is great. I like the quality, the palette is really well pigmented, it was cheap, i got amazingly kind costumer service (they answered tons of my e-mails very fast) The question is - why i only had to pay 18 dollars for the whole pallette, when alot of people compare their shadows to MAC brand, which costs 14 dollars per unit. And here i got even 88 different colours. The thing is... everything from Coastal Scents are made in Hong Kong or somewhere near by. It's not bein

Best and Worst drugstore foundations. Maybelline vs. L'oreal.

I've been using drugstore foundations forever, cause i can't really afford high-end stuff. I'm a grad-student, and  i allready spend all my money on cosmetics. I live in Europe, so stuff like MAC or Lush is non-existant here. Well at least not in my country. (Let's make the "Aaaaaaw..." sound now all together). Let's not make it sound like the edge of the world though, we have kinda everything else here... most of the popular drugstore brands, most of the high end brands... Most of the popular clothing stores....except the Forever 21... (1...2....3... awwwww) Anyway since i've used almost every drugstore foundation there is i'd liked to share my opinion of which i thought is best and which is.... well let's call it "not-so-much".... So i'd like to give the name of Best Drugstore foundation to Maybelline's Dream Satin Liquid .   It's cheaper than the foundation that i'd like to call "not-so-much", but it w