Remeber the times, when there was frowned upon for women to wear pants?
Well... you probobly can't be remembering that...Well... anyway... the times has changed! Radically!
Now women are not only wearing pants, which were originally fashioned for men, but they have the guts to steal their man's garderobe and wear it as their own. Especially in the past year this huge new trend has overcome all the stylish girls. "Boyfriend... something".
But what is ‘"a boyfriend"? (yes it’s someone you kiss and hang around with, but we’re talking about fashion, not linguistics!) Something "boyfriend" is a piece of clothing you borrow from your guy and which consequently is a bit too large (ideally, unless your boyfriend weights 70 pounds and is 4 feet tall.) Of course all the brand names got hold of the trend and decided to create "boyfriend" for girls (a bit more tigh-fitting), the most famous ‘"boyfriend" are the boyfriend jeans, which can thank the stars for this success.So let's get more into detail about what can you possibly wear from your guys closet and look "uber stylish"?
- His suit jacket. Throw it on over a cute dress, roll up the sleeves, and you’re ready for the night out!
- His button-up shirt. There is nothing cuter than a girl hanging out at home all buttoned up in her guy’s shirt. Going out? Wear it as a top by adding a cute belt and some leggings!
First brave lady who wore her man's $40 Gap dress shirt with a Vera Wang skirt to an Academy Award show was Sharon Stone, back in 1998!
- His accessories. Grab his watch and wear it as a chunky bracelet!
- His favorite t-shirt. The one he wears the most will probably be super soft and worn in. Just make sure you give it back! Unless it looks better on you, than him...lol
- His jeans. Think boyfriend cut - a little loose on you, sitting low on the hips. (Borrow his belt if you need to). Roll up the cuffs and add a pair of heels to girl them up!
This trend was kick-started by Victoria Beckham, who may have influenced her buddy Katie Holmes, then Rachel Bilson, Reese Witherspoon, Heidi Klum and Amanda Peet all got in on the act.Seems like we have a full blown trend on our hands here.